Davis Auto Parts & Repair Inc: Shop AC Compressor and Condensers
At Davis Auto Parts & Repair Inc we know each component of your car AC has a specific function. A cracked or damaged compressor, condenser, or AC evaporator core can cause your car air conditioning to fail. Call today at 304-253-7771 and talk to us about your next car AC condenser or compressor repair.
Car AC Compressors
The compressor is powered by a serpentine belt which provides the energy needed to compress freon refrigerant into a liquid. Once compressed, the freon is in a high-pressure state. This pressure forces the liquid out of the compressor and through the cooling system. The compressed refrigerant travels from the compressor to the condenser where it is cooled off before reaching the AC evaporator core. At Davis Auto Parts & Repair Inc we recommended that car owners buy a complete, new AC compressor assembly because there are so many issues associated with handling a compressor replacement core.
What To Consider When You Buy A Car AC Compressor
- Look for a direct fit replacement kit designed to meet or exceed OE function that includes car AC compressor, accumulator and any needed expansion devices
- Buy a kit featuring "Rapid Seal" designed specifically for your compressor. Replacing the AC compressor seals is very difficult. Even the smallest gaps can cause serious damage to your car's cooling system and engine. Replacing the seals is best done by an experienced mechanic
- Buy an AC compressor that is durability-tested for high heat conditions.
Car AC Condensers
If you are driving down the road in Beckley and your AC fails, it may be your condenser. The condenser looks like a large black square and is usually mounted in front of the radiator. Like radiators and evaporators, condensers are also constructed as a series of tubes with fins around them. But unlike an evaporator, whose job is to absorb heat, the condenser's job is to release the heat your refrigerant absorbed while it was flowing through the evaporator, very much the same way the radiator releases the heat from engine coolant that the coolant absorbed while it was flowing through the engine. A car's condenser also removes unwanted debris from the cooling system.
Features to look for when you buy a condenser:
- Designed specifically for your car's original air conditioning system
- Offers multi-flow, subcooling through a strong aluminum construction to improve performance
- Resists corrosion to avoid system leaks
- Uses a fin wave design to provide higher heat transfer and maximum refrigerant condensation
- The heat exchanger cores are designed to shed airborne material buildup
What our clients are saying about us
We have established longterm and stable partnerships with various clients thanks to our excellence in solving their automotive needs!
Absolutely GRAND...Wifey & I on our way back from vacationing in Kentucky had issues with what we assumed was brakes and rotors because of the loud grinding noise and stability censors going off & on. So we found you guys on Google, you got us in immediately, and we're back on the road in a little over an hour. For ball bearings, thank goodness for you all. I'll tell you from past experiences, mechanics would've repaired what I thought was wrong initially (brakes and rotors), & said by the way the ball bearings are bad. We thank you for your honesty & swift hospitable service! "On The Road Again!". Thanks Gentlemen! -The Hymes Family
Great people! Everyone here is nice and helpful and won't take advantage of senior females.